The Soft Matter Facility will resume normal operations on June 1st, 2020. The operating hours will be Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm, and no research activities will be allowed after working hours and on the weekends. To ensure a safe and healthy working environment, all users MUST:
- Log in and out at the entrance of the facility with UIN and signature
- Wear masks or approved face coverings at all times while within the facility (bay B).
- Do the FIVE:
- Wash hands often
- Cough in elbow
- No face touching
- Maintain social distance of at least 6 feet apart from others
- Stay home if sick or exhibiting signs of COVID-19 (fever, chills, difficulty breathing, worsening cough, body aches, etc.)
- NOT exceed approved occupancy of facility. Specifically:
- Only one person is allowed to work in rooms 133AB, 133AC, 133AD and 133AF.
- In other SoMF working areas, only one user can operate one instrument at a time.
- Disinfect shared equipment, including computer keyboards and tables before and after use. Cleaning solution can be found nearby each equipment.
To maintain proper lab hygiene, the Soft Matter Facility WILL:
- Have available hand sanitizer at building entrances and other locations across the facility;
- Provide masks to users (if requested) to protect oneself and others from the spread of the virus while within the building;
- Regularly clean/disinfect surfaces and research equipment in shared spaces, including laboratories.
Failure to follow these procedures may result in disciplinary action and removal from facility