The Osmomat 090 enables the measurement of the average molecular weight (Mn) of polymers that are soluble in aqueous or organic solvents within the range of 10,000 to 2,000,000 g/Mol. The measurement is highly dependent on the membrane that is used. Membranes with different “cutoffs” that are made of different materials are available to use, so that a suitable configuration can be offered for most applications.
- Smallest detectable pressure: 0.1 mm solvent column
- Molecular weight range: 5,000 to 2,000,000 Dalton, lower range depending on the semi-permeable membrane
- Measurement cell volume: ~ 0.5 mL
- Membrane diameter: 40 mm
- Solvents: various organic solvents, water and aqueous electrolyte solvents
- Sample volume of polymer solution: minimum three solutions of 2 mL each (with stepped concentration in the range of 1 to 5%)